Poole Foot Clinic is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Information I Collect
To aid your treatment, you will normally provide me with certain information including:
- your name
- contact details including email address & phone number
- postal address
- medical information
- payment information.
I will store you information on an electronic patient record and diary system which is fully password protected.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I require this information for the following reasons:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support;
- to ensure you are satisfied with my services, I may contact you after your treatment as well as to keep you up to date on my treatments and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my patients is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent I will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as external reception services. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of the GDPR, I, Bridget Bryan-Brown, am the data controller of your personal information. If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me as soon as possible via email@example.com or call on 01202 732589.
Alternately, you may send a letter to me at:
Poole Foot Clinic
6 Beadle Way
Last Updated – 18/06/2018